St Catherine’s Primary School continues to preserve the Dominican tradition of education, we are dedicated to providing our children with an enriching education which motivates and enthuses each and every child to achieve to their full potential – academically, spiritually, socially and emotionally, in a spirit of trust and truth.
Learning areas offered in the Intermediate Phase (Grades 4 -6) and Senior Phase (Grade 7):
The following subjects are compulsory for all learners:
English Home Language
Afrikaans First Additional Language
IsiZulu Second Additional Language
Social Sciences (History/Geography)
Economic Management Sciences (Grade 7 only)
Music and Drama
We have a qualified Educational Psychologist, Counselor and Therapists to assist learners in need of academic assistance, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Sports and cultural activities play an integral role in the development of our learners. Learners take part in biennial productions.
Swimming, Bible Quiz, Extra lessons, Cricket, Tennis, Choir, Marimba group and Homework room.
Netball, Soccer, Choir, Marimba group, Bible Quiz, Extra lessons, Tennis, Science Club and Homework room.
Swimming, Choir, Marimba group, Extra lessons, Science Club, Tennis, Athletics, Cricket, Eisteddfod and Homework
Learners attend retreat once a year, which helps them to develop spiritually.
Educational tours are arranged, for each grade, at the end of the year. Learners are accompanied by members of staff.
Grade 4 – 7 pupils:
- 07h40 to 14h00, Monday – Wednesday
- 07h40 to 13h45 on Thursdays and 13h15 on Friday
St Catherine’s aftercare is a safe, homely environment ,where leaners have their homework supervised by caring staff. Holiday aftercare is also available.
School uniforms available from:
- Ebsons, 100 Victoria Street, Germiston, Tel: (011) 873-3288
- Lala Brothers, 44 Van Riebeeck Avenue, Alberton North, Tel: (011) 907-8619
- Summer – White V-neck shirt with the school emblem on the pocket, grey shorts, grey socks, black shoes and blazer.
- Winter – Grey long pants, plain white long-sleeved shirt, school tie, grey socks, black shoes, school jersey and blazer
- Summer – Blue dresses with belt, white ankle socks, black shoes and blazer
- Winter – Black tunic (with V-neck and no pleats) or long black trousers, plain white long-sleeved shirt, school tie, black socks or tights, black shoes, school jersey and blazer.
The school blazer is a compulsory item of clothing for senior primary boys and girls.
PT uniform (Boys and Girls)
All pupils wear the regulation school sports shirt ( blue shirt with the school emblem), boys wear plain black shorts and girls the regulation “skort”. White takkies or majority white running shoes and short white socks.