Senior School is a journey during which children undergo metamorphosis to become young adults. The process involves developing the spiritual, emotional and mental skills required to excel in both higher education and the commercial world. This is accomplished by exposing the learners to excellent role models, teaching them to interpret and analyze information, think independently, and apply their knowledge to new situations.
- The medium of instruction is English Home Language.
- All learners are required to choose between Afrikaans First Additional Language and isiZulu First Additional Language.
- In addition to the two languages, Grade 8 and 9 learners are required to take the following subjects: Mathematics, Physical Science, Life Science, History, Geography, Accounting, Business Studies, Creative Arts and Life Orientation and Religious Education.
- In addition to the two languages, Grade 10 – 12 learners all are required to take Life Orientation, Religious Education, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy and three of the following subjects: Physical Science, Life Science, History, Geography, Accounting, Business Studies, Visual Arts and Computer Application Technology.
- Assessment is an on-going process with exams being written in June and November.
In the High School, learners are encouraged to participate in a range of extra-curricular activities. Activities are categorised as follows:
- Academic support:
Learners who achieve below 50% are required to stay after school for additional support in that subject.
Swimming, Netball, Soccer (Boys and Girls), Basketball (Boys and Girls), Tennis
Marimba, Chess, Public Speaking, Pop Poetry, Eisteddfods, Art club
- Social activities:
Mr and Ms St Catherine’s competition, Cultural Evening
All learners are required to complete a minimum of 15 hours of community service per year.
31 Piercy Avenue, Parkhill Gardens, Germiston
Number of hits